- Winter weather
- Overview - Winter Forecasting
- The Bergeron-Findeisen process (written by Dana Tobin)
- The physics of snowflakes (courtesy of snowcrystals.com)
- Snowflake guide (courtesy of snowcrystals.com)
- Snow morphology cheatsheet. Snow morphology diagram one. Snow morphology diagram two (detailed).
3) Freezing rain
4) Sleet (see definition in part 1)
- The "rain-snow" line
- Partial thickness technique
- Freezing drizzle scenario when whole layer is below freezing (Air Weather Service document)
- Snow-Liquid Ratio (SLR)
2) The Dube Flowchart
3) The Cobb and Waldstreicher Technique . Example used in private sector - Bouldercast.com.
- Winter weather prediction notes
2) Detailed presentation on winter precipitation (by NOAA's Wed Junker)
3) Winter weather forecast checklist (by John Gordon)
- Video lecture on winter precipitation. Audio only.
- Additional (short) video lecture on winter precipitation. Audio only.
2) Subsets of avalanche types
- Downslope wind events
3) The Froude number . Experimental website using the Froude number for Vermont downslope wind event guidance
- Mountain weather workshop (COMET lecture)
Specialty winter forecasting websites